Samoa Sessional Legislation
PARLIAMENTARY UNDER-SECRETARIES AMENDMENT ACT 2006
1. Short title and commencement
2. Principal Act
4. Execution of instruments
AN ACT to amend the Parliamentary Under–Secretaries Act 1988
[26th June 2006]
BE IT ENACTED by the Legislative Assembly of Samoa in Parliament assembled as follows –
1. Short title and commencement - (1) This Act may be cited as the Parliamentary Under-Secretaries Amendment Act 2006.
(2) This Act shall come into force on the date of assent of the Head of State.
(3) Notice of commencement of this Act shall be published in Samoan and English in the Savali and one other newspaper circulating in Samoa.
2. Principal Act - In this Act, "Principal Act" means the Parliamentary Under-Secretaries Act 1988.
3. Appointment - Section 2 of the Principal Act is amended by adding at the end:
"(3) A holder of the office of Parliamentary Under-Secretary may be referred to as an Associate Minister.".
4. Execution of instruments - Section 9 of the Principal Act is amended by omitting subsection (1) and substituting:
"(1) Every instrument that is executed by a Parliamentary Under-Secretary on behalf of a Minister shall be signed by the Parliamentary Under-Secretary with a personal signature to which shall be added the words 'Parliamentary Under-Secretary, for the Minister of......' or 'Associate Minister to the Minister of.....' or words to like effect.".
The Parliamentary Under-Secretaries Amendment Act 2006 is administered in the Ministry of the Prime Minister.