Samoa Sessional Legislation
NATIONAL PROVIDENT FUND AMENDMENT ACT 1990
Arrangement of Provisions
1. Short title
2. Senior Citizens Scheme
1990, No. 11
AN ACT to amend the National Provident Fund Act 1972 to provide for benefits for Senior Citizens.
[7 September 1990]
BE IT ENACTED by the Legislative Assembly of Samoa in Parliament assembled as follows:-
1. Short title - This Act may be cited as the National Provident Fund Amendment Act 1990 and shall be read together with and deemed part of the National Provident Fund Act 1972 (hereinafter referred to as the principal Act).
2. Senior Citizens Benefit Scheme - The principal Act is amended by adding immediately after section 66 a new Part as follows:-
Senior Citizens Benefit Fund
67. Commencement of this Part-(l) This Part XII of this Act excepting sections 71 and 79 shall come into force on the date this Act is assented to by the Head of State.
(2) Sections 71 and 79 of this Part of this Act shall come into force on the first day of November 1990.
68. Interpretation-(1) Unless the context otherwise requires, in this Part