Vanuatu Consolidated Subsidiary Legislation
Commencement: 21 April 1999
PLANT PROTECTION (KAVA EXPORT FEE)
Order 17 of 1999
To prescribe the export fee for kava.
In this Order, unless the context otherwise requires:
“kava” means natural extracts, dried roots, stumps (chips) and/or basal stems from selected varieties of the plan species Piper methysticum;
“exporter” means a Ni-Vanuatu or a group of Ni-Vanuatu involved in the export of kava.
2. Application for export authority
(1) Any person may apply to the Vanuatu Quarantine and Inspection Service for an export authority for the exportation of kava.
(2) The Vanuatu Quarantine and Inspection Service may grant or refuse an application made under sub-section (1).
3. Kava export fee
(1) The fee payable for the export of kava is VT 30,000 and shall be paid annually before the 31st day of January.
(2) Any person applying for an export authority after June of each year shall pay a fee of VT 15,000.
(3) The fee payable under this section is not refundable.
4. Persons liable for payment of export fee
An exporter of kava, dried kava or kava-related products shall pay the fee specified in section 3, to the Vanuatu Quarantine and Inspection Service.