Pacific Islands Treaty Series
VARIATION OF THE MEMORANDUM OF UNDERSTANDING (MOU) BETWEEN THE GOVERNMENT OF AUSTRALIA AND THE SOUTH PACIFIC BOARD FOR EDUCATIONAL ASSESSMENT (SPBEA)
(15 August 2003)
Mr. Visesio Pongi
South Pacific Board for Educational Assessment
PO Box 2083
15 August 2003
Dear Mr. Pongi,
Variation of the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between the Government of Australia and the South Pacific Board for Educational Assessment (SPBEA)
1. In accordance with Clauses 5.3 and 10.1 of the abovementioned MoU, signed on 25 February 2003, this exchange of letter provides for the following amendment:
Delete existing Schedule 1, and replace with attached Schedule 1.
2. Two copies of this variation of the MoU are enclosed. If you agree with the terms and conditions of this variation of the MoU, you must notify AusAID by signing, dating and returning to AusAID one copy of the letter.
3. Your reply will conclude the agreed variation of the MoU.
Dr. Andrew Pope
FMA Reg 13 Delegate
The South Pacific Board for Educational Assessment agrees to the replacement of existing Schedule 1 with the attached Schedule 1 in accordance with the terms and conditions as set out in the Memorandum of Understanding.
for and on behalf of
SOUTH PACIFIC BOARD FOR EDUCATIONAL ASSESSMENT by
Dr. Visesio Pongi, Director
By executing this Exchange of Letters the signatory warrants that the signatory is duly authorised to execute this Exchange of Letters on behalf of the Contractor.
Dated this day of 2003
PAYMENT OF THE GRANT BY AUSTRALIA TO THE SOUTH PACIFIC BOARD FOR EDUCATIONAL ASSESSMENT
1. The financial limitation of this MOU is up to $A 1,050,000 over the
three years 2003-2005.
2. GOA will contribute Australia's Assessed Contribution (AAC) and Australia's Program Funding (APF) as follows:
January 2003 $300,000
July 2003 $ 50,000
January 2004 $350,000
January 2005 $350,000
Total Contribution $1,050,000
The first call on this contribution will be the ACC. The balance of the GOA contribution will be allocated to the APF. It will be the responsibility of SPBEA to allocate the available funds to the programs specified below.
3. GOA will provide Annual Program Funding to SPBEA for: (i) the School-Based Assessment program; (ii) the Design Technology in Schools program; and, (iii) the Enhancing Assessment Research Capability program. It should be noted that funds amounting to $F 28,700 are already held by SPBEA in the form of carryover funds from past support for the Design Technology Program. These funds will be applied to the Design Technology program in 2003.
4. SPBEA will acquit the APF by the provision of narrative and financial reports at six-monthly intervals. Such reporting will cover overall progress against established outcomes and performance indicators.