Kiribati Sessional Legislation
Download original PDF
REPUBLIC OF KIRIBATI
(No. 7 of 1999)
(Sgd: T. Tito)
AN ACT TO AUTHORISE SUPPLEMENTARY APPROPRIATION OF MONIES OUT OF THE CONSOLIDATED FUND FOR RECURRENT EXPENDITURE FOR THE SERVICE OF THE YEAR ENDING 31 DECEMBER 1999
MADE by the Maneaba ni Maungatabu and assented to by the Beretitenti.
1. This Act may be cited as the Supplementary Appropriation (No. 3) Act 1999 and shall be deemed to have come into operation on 1 January 1999.
Authorisation of issue of $5,755,735 from the Consolidated Fund
2. The issue from the Consolidated Fund is hereby authorised of a sum of $5,755,735 to be applied for recurrent expenditure to the service of the year ending 31 December 1999.
3. The sum specified in section 2 shall be appropriated for the supply of the Heads of Expenditure specified in Column 1 of the Schedule annexed to this Act in the sums respectively specified in relation thereto in Column 2 of the Schedule.
Column 1 Column 2
Head of Expenditure Additional Expenditure
02 Contribution to Development Fund 3,477,041
10 Office of the Beretitenti 45,465
12 Police and Prisons 28,000
15 Ministry of Home Affairs & Rural Development 22,842
16 Ministry of Environment and Social Development 45,867
17 Maneaba ni Maungatabu 237,709
18 Ministry of Commerce, Industry & Tourism 5,000
19 Kiribati National Audit Office 14,812
20 Office of the Attorney General 21,872
21 Ministry of Natural Resource Development 15,000
22 Ministry of Health 1,132,557
23 Ministry of Education, Training & Technology 134,102
27 Ministry of Works & Energy 173,016
28 Ministry of Labour, Employment & Cooperatives 72,156
29 Ministry of Line and Phoenix Group 330,296
SUPPLEMENTARY APPROPRIATION (NO. 3) ACT 1999
1. This Act charges upon the Consolidated Fund a sum, which is required for recurrent expenditure for the year ending 31 December 1999, in addition to the amount appropriated for that year by the Appropriation Act 1999 and the Supplementary Appropriation (No. 2) Act 1999.
2. The sums required are to provide for money expended in excess of sums already appropriated.
3. The Act provides that the additional amount charged shall be expended upon the service listed in the Schedule to the Act.
4. The Act is presented to the Maneaba ni Maungatabu in accordance with the requirements of section 109(3) of the Constitution.
Michael N. Takabwebwe
19 November 1999