Kiribati Sessional Legislation
Download original PDF
REPUBLIC OF KIRIBATI
(No. 2 of 1999)
(Sgd: T. Tito)
AN ACT TO AUTHORISE SUPPLEMENTARY APPROPRIATION OF MONIES OUT OF THE CONSOLIDATED FUND FOR RECURRENT EXPENDITURE FOR THE SERVICE OF THE YEAR ENDING 31 DECEMBER 1998
MADE by the Maneaba ni Maungatabu and assented to by the Beretitenti.
1. This Act may be cited as the Supplementary Appropriation Act 1999.
Authorisation of issue of $984,060 from the Consolidated Fund
2. The issue from the Consolidated Fund is hereby authorised of a sum of $984,060 to be applied for recurrent expenditure to the service of the year ending 31 December 1998.
3. The sum specified in section 2 shall be appropriated for the supply of the Heads of Expenditure specified in Column 1 of the Schedule annexed to this Act in the sums respectively specified in relation thereto in Column 2 of the Schedule.
Column 1 Column 2
Head of Expenditure Additional Expenditure
10 Office of the Beretitenti 155,885
11 Judiciary 10,000
16 Ministry of Environment and Social Development 110,000
18 Ministry of Commerce, Industry and Tourism 59,539
22 Ministry of Health and Family Planning 290,000
23 Ministry of Education, Training & Technology 74,000
24 Ministry of Information, Communication
and Transport 64,136
25 Ministry of Finance and Economic Planning 13,400
27 Ministry of Works and Energy 27,100
29 Ministry of Line & Phoenix Development 180,000
SUPPLEMENTARY APPROPRIATION ACT 1999
1. This Act charges upon the Consolidated Fund a sum, which is required for recurrent expenditure for the year ending 31 December 1998, in addition to the amount appropriated for that year by the Appropriation Act 1997.
2. The sums required are to provide for money expended in excess of sums already appropriated.
3. The Act provides that the additional amount charged shall be expended upon the service listed in the Schedule to the Act.
4. The Act is presented to the Maneaba ni Maungatabu in accordance with the requirements of section 109(3) of the Constitution.
Michael N. Takabwebwe
10 February 1999