Kiribati Sessional Legislation
Download original PDF
REPUBLIC OF KIRIBATI
(No. 1 of 1999)
(Sgd: T. Tito)
AN ACT TO AUTHORISE APPROPRIATION OF MONIES OUT OF THE CONSOLIDATED FUND FOR RECURRENT EXPENDITURE FOR THE SERVICE OF THE YEAR ENDING 31 DECEMBER 1999
MADE by the Maneaba ni Maungatabu and assented to by the Beretitenti.
Short title and commencement
1. This Act may be cited as the Appropriation Act 1999 and shall come into operation on 1 January 1999.
Authorisation of issue of $63,613,348 from the Consolidated Fund
2. The issue from the Consolidated Fund is hereby authorised of a sum of $63,613,348 to be applied for recurrent expenditure to the service of the year ending 31 December 1999.
3. The sum specified in section 2 shall be appropriated for the supply of the Heads of Expenditure in Column 1 of the Schedule annexed to this Act in the sums respectively specified in relation thereto in Column 2 of the Schedule.
Transfer of functions
4. Where after the commencement of this Act and before 1st January 2000 a function is transferred from one Ministry to another the authority conferred by sections 2 and 3 to issue and apply monies out of the Consolidated Fund extends to the issue and application of monies in respect of that function by that other Ministry.
Column 1 Column 2
Head of Expenditure Additional Expenditure
02 Contributions to Development Fund 5,000,000
03 Contributions to the RERF 5,000,000
10 Office of the Beretitenti 1,046,851
11 Judiciary 685,000
12 Police and Prisons 3,425,231
13 Public Service Commission 99,000
14 Ministry of Foreign Affairs 597,032
15 Ministry of Home Affairs & Rural Development 1,465,203
16 Ministry of Environment & Social Development 856,426
17 Maneaba ni Maungatabu 1,136,328
18 Ministry of Commerce, Industry & Tourism 842,659
19 Kiribati National Audit Office 535,380
20 Office of the Attorney General 291,000
21 Ministry of Natural Resource Development 2,448,242
22 Ministry of Health 7,886,000
23 Ministry of Education, Training & Technology 11,608,003
24 Ministry of Information, Communication & Transport 1,910,000
25 Ministry of Finance & Economic Planning 1,711,665
27 Ministry of Works and Energy 2,248,010
28 Ministry of Labour, Employment & Cooperatives 1,513,585
29 Ministry of Line & Phoenix Group 2,228,180
30 Debt Servicing 200,000
31 Other Expenses 10,879,553
THE APPROPRIATION ACT 1999
1. This Act charges upon the Consolidated Fund a sum, which is required for recurrent expenditure for the year ending 31 December 1999.
2. The Schedule to the Act specifies the Heads of Expenditure for which the sum, in the aggregate, is appropriated, and in the case of each one of the heads of expenditure, the particular amount, out of the total, appropriated to it.
3. The Heads of Expenditure specified in the Schedule are those which are contained in the Estimates for the financial year ending on 31 December 1999.
4. This Act is presented to the Maneaba ni Maungatabu in accordance with the requirements of section 109(1) and (2) of the Constitution.
Michael N. Takabwebwe
16 February 1999