Fiji Sessional Legislation
Download original PDF
REPUBLIC OF FIJI
LAND TRANSPORT (AMENDMENT) (NO. 3) ACT 2017
ACT NO. 46 OF 2017
J. K. KONROTE President
[18 September 2017]
TO AMEND THE LAND TRANSPORT ACT 1998
ENACTED by the Parliament of the Republic of Fiji—
Short title and commencement
1.—(1) This Act may be cited as the Land Transport (Amendment) (No. 3) Act 2017.
(2) This Act comes into force on a date or dates appointed by the Minister by notice in the Gazette.
(3) In this Act, the Land Transport Act 1998 is referred to as the “Principal Act”.
Section 82 amended
2. Section 82(2)(b) of the Principal Act is amended by deleting “under section 92(3) and(4)” and substituting “in accordance with regulations as provided for under section 92”.
Section 92 amended
3. The Principal Act is amended by deleting section 92 and substituting the following—
“Proceedings for Traffic Infringement Notices
92. The Minister may make regulations setting out all proceedings for Traffic Infringement Notices, including—
- (a) the manner, form and time frames for which Traffic Infringement Notices must be issued;
- (b) the actions a person may undertake upon receipt of a Traffic Infringement Notice; and
- (c) the penalties that a person to whom a Traffic Infringement Notice has been issued may be liable to.”.
Section 93 amended
4. Section 93(3) of the Principal Act is amended by deleting “in section 92” and substituting “by regulations as provided for under section 92”.
Section 95 amended
5. Section 95(1) of the Principal Act is amended by deleting “section 92(1)(b)” and substituting “regulations as provided for under section 92”.
Passed by the Parliament of the Republic of Fiji this 15th day of September 2017.