Cook Islands Sessional Legislation
Download original PDF
WORKERS' COMPENSATION AMENDMENT ACT 1969
1. Short Title
2. Compensation in fatal cases
3. Compensation in the case of permanent total incapacity
4. Compensation in the case of temporary incapacity
An Act to amend the Cook Islands Workers' Compensation Ordinance 1964
(19 January 1970
BE IT ENACTED by the Legislative Assembly of the Cook Islands in Session assembled, and by the authority of the same, as follows:
1. Short Title - This Act may be cited as the Workers' Compensation Amendment Act 1969 and shall be read together with and deemed part of the Cook Islands Workers' Compensation Ordinance 1964 (hereinafter referred to as "the Ordinance").
2. Compensation in fatal cases - Section 6 of the Ordinance is hereby amended by -
(a) Omitting from paragraph (a) the words "or one thousand five hundred dollars whichever is less";
(b) Omitting from paragraph (c) the words "not exceeding in all the sum of forty dollars".
3. Compensation in the case of permanent total incapacity - Section 7 of the Ordinance is hereby amended by omitting the words "or two thousand dollars whichever is less".
4. Compensation in the case of temporary incapacity – subsection (1) of section 9 of the Ordinance is hereby amended by omitting paragraph (a) from the proviso.
This Act is administered in the Treasury