Cook Islands Sessional Legislation
WELFARE AMENDMENT ACT 2006
Examined and certified by:
Clerk of the Parliament
In the name and on behalf of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth the Second I hereby assent to this Act this 19th day of June 2006
1. Short Title and commencement
2. Child benefit
3. Period for which child benefit payable
4. Amount of advances
2006, No. 2
An Act to amend the Welfare Act 1989
BE IT ENACTED by the Parliament of the Cook Islands in Session assembled and by the authority of the same as follows:
1. Short Title and commencement - (1) This Act may be cited as the Welfare Amendment Act 2006 and shall be read together with and deemed part of the Welfare Act 1989 ("the principal Act").
(2) This Act shall be deemed to have come into force on the 1st January 2006.
2. Child benefit - Section 4 of the principal Act is amended by deleting from the last line of subsection (1) the word "ten" and substituting the word "twelve."
3. Period for which child benefit payable - Section 7 of the principal Act is amended by deleting from the last lines of subsections (1) and (4) the word "ten" and substituting the word "twelve".
4. Amount of advances - Section 27 of the principal Act is amended by deleting from the last line of subsection (2) the figure "10" and substituting the figure "12".
This Act is administered by the Ministry of Internal Affairs