Samoa Sessional Legislation
LAND AND TITLES AMENDMENT ACT 2008
Arrangement of Provisions
1. Short title and commencement
2. Land deemed customary land
2008, No. 19
AN ACT to amend the Land and Titles Act 1981.
[17th June 2008]
BE IT ENACTED by the Legislative Assembly of Samoa in Parliament assembled as follows:
1. Short title and commencement-(1) This Act may be cited as the Land and Titles Amendment Act 2008.
(2) This Act commences on the date of assent by the Head of State.
2. Land deemed customary land – Section 8 of the Land and Titles Act 1981 is amended by inserting the following after paragraph (c):
"(d) any land conveyed by Government or any public body by way of deed which provides that the land shall be held in accordance with the customs and usages of the Samoan people.".
The Land and Titles Amendment Act 2008 is administered by the Ministry of Justice and Courts Administration.