Vanuatu Subsidiary Legislation
REPUBLIC OF VANUATU
ISLAND COURTS (NOMINATION OF MAGISTRATES) ORDER
NO.7 OF 1993
To nominate magistrates and to prescribe their powers, functions and duties in respect of matters before the Court concerning disputes as to ownership of land.
IN EXERCISE of the powers conferred by Section 2A(1) of the Island Courts Act [CAP.167] as amended, I CHARLES VAUDIN d'IMECOURT, Chief Justice of the Republic of Vanuatu, make the following Order:-
NOMINATION OF MAGISTRATES TO PRESIDE OVER ISLAND COURTS IN RESPECT OF DISPUTES CONCERNING OWNERSHIP OF LAND
(1) Subject to subsection (3) Magistrate JIMMY GARAE is hereby nominated to preside over island courts in Vanautu on all matters concerning disputes as to ownership of land arising in all areas and districts of Vanuatu;
Provided that Magistrate JIMMY GARAE shall not preside over any land cases concerning the islands or people of Aoba (Ambae) and Maewo.
(2) Subject to subsection (4) Magistrate VINCENT LUNABEK is hereby nominated to preside over island courts in Vanuatu on all matters arising in all areas and districts of Vanuatu.
Provided that Magistrate VINCENT LUNABEK shall not preside over any land cases concerning the island or people of Malekula.
(3) Magistrate JIMMY GARAE shall be responsible for dealing with matters relating to the disputes as to ownership of land in the following Local Government regions –
(f) SANTO/MALO; and
(4) Magistrate VINCENT LUNABEK shall be responsible for dealing with matters relating to the disputes as to ownership of land in the following Local Government regions –
APPLICATION OF ISLAND COURTS (POWERS OF MAGISTRATES) ORDER NO. 1 OF 1990
2. As regards the powers, duties and functions of Magistrates nominated under this Order, the Island Courts (Powers of Magistrates) Order No. 1 of 1990 has effect.
3. This Order shall come into force on the date of its publication in the Gazette.
MADE at Port Vila this 22nd day of February, 1993.
CHARLES VAUDIN d'IMECOURT
Chief Justice of the Republic of Vanuatu