Tonga Sessional Legislation
WHARVES (AMENDMENT) ACT 1998
No.9 of 1998
TAUFA’AHAU TUPOU IV
29th October, 1998.
TO AMEND THE WHARVES ACT
[1st October, 1998]
BE IT ENACTED by the King and Legislative Assembly of Tonga in the Legislature of the Kingdom as follows:
1. (1) This Act may be cited as the Wharves (Amendment) Act 1998.
(2) This Act shall come into force on the day the Ports Authority Act 1998 becomes effective.
(3) The Wharves Act (Cap 138), as amended, is in this Act referred to as the Principal Act.
2. Section 2(2) of the Principal Act is amended by deleting the word "Nuku'alofa" and substituted by words "Niuatoputapu and Niuafo'ou".
3. Section 4 of the Principal Act is amended by adding at the end thereof the words "excepting any port designated under any other Act"
4. Section 7 of the Principal Act is amended by -
(i) Deleting the words "than at a Government wharf", and in the Tongan version only substituting the word "kehe" therefore.
(ii) In the English version only, inserting between the words "wharf" and "unless" the words" or any port designated under any other Act".
(iii) In the Tongan version only, inserting at the beginning of the section the following words-
" Ko e kotoa 'o e ngaahi koloa, fanga monumanu pe ngaahi me'a kuo fakahu mai ki pe kuo fakahu atu mei Tonga kuo pau ke fakahifo pe fakaheka mei ha uafu Pule'anga pe ha taulanga kuo fakamahino 'i ha Lao kehe tukukehe ka".
Passed by the Legislative Assembly this 1st day of October, 1998.