Tonga Sessional Legislation
POLICE (AMENDMENT) ACT 1991
Act 7 of 1991
AN ACT TO AMEND THE POLICE ACT
TAUFA'AHAU TUPOU IV,
25th October, 1991
[15th August, 1991]
BE IT ENACTED by the King and Legislative Assembly of Tonga in the Legislature of the Kingdom as follows:
1. (1) This Act may be cited as the Police (Amendment) Act 1991.
(2) The Police Act, Chapter 35 as amended, is in this Act referred to as the Principal Act.
2. Section 58 of the Principal Act, is amended by deleting subsection (1) thereof and substituting the following two subsections:
"58. (1) There shall be a Police Reward Fund.
(2) There shall be paid into the Treasury to be placed to the credit of the Police Reward Fund:
(a) all fines imposed under the provisions of this Act for any offence against discipline;
(b) moneys received in respect of services rendered by the Tonga Police Force or any of its officers;
(c) such other moneys, approved by the Cabinet, as the Cabinet shall consider appropriate.".
3. Subsections 58(2) and 58(3) of the Principal Act are now renumbered as subsections 58(3) and 58(4).
Passed in the Legislative Assembly this 5th day of August 1991.