Tonga Sessional Legislation
CRIMINAL OFFENCES (AMENDMENT) ACT
No. 12 of 1995.
TAUFA'AHAU TUPOU IV,
14th November, 1995.
TO AMEND THE CRIMINAL OFFENCES ACT
[10th October, 1995.]
BE IT ENACTED by the King and Legislative Assembly of Tonga in the Legislature of the Kingdom as follows:
1. (1) This Act may be cited as the Criminal Offences (Amendment) Act 1995.
(2) The Criminal Offences Act, (Chap 18), as amended, is in this Act referred to as the Principal Act.
2. Section 109 of the Principal Act is amended by inserting between the words "person" and "shall be liable" the following -
“or presents a loaded firearm at a person or persons within range".
3. Section 112 of the Principal Act is amended by:
(i) inserting immediately following paragraph (e) the following -
"(f) applies or attempts to apply force to another person directly or indirectly; or
(g) threatens by any act or gesture to apply force to another person if the person making the threat has or causes the other to believe on reasonable grounds that he has, present ability to effect his purpose,".
(ii) deleting all the words after the figure "$500" and substituting the following-
"or to imprisonment for any period not exceeding one year or to both".
4. Section 188(1) of the Principal Act is amended by deleting the figure "$50" and substituting the figure "T$75".
Passed by the Legislative Assembly this 10th day of October, 1995.