Nauru Sessional Legislation
Download original PDF
REPUBLIC OF NAURU
ELECTORAL (AMENDMENT) ACT 2016
No. 23 of 2016
An Act to amend the Electoral Act 2016 to facilitate applications for transfer of registration for voters who are automatically entered on the Roll, and to alter the closing date for withdrawal of nomination as candidate:
Certified: 12th May 2016
Table of Contents
1 SHORT TITLE
4 AMENDMENT OF ELECTORAL ACT 2016
5 AMENDMENT OF SECTION 39
6 AMENDMENT OF SECTION 24
7 AMENDMENT OF SECTION 25
8 AMENDMENT OF SECTION 58
Enacted by the Parliament of Nauru as follows:
1 Short title
This Act may be cited as the Electoral (Amendment) Act 2016.
This Act commences upon certification by the Speaker.
In this Act:
'Principal Act' means the Electoral Act 2016.
4 Amendment of Electoral Act 2016
The Electoral Act 2016 is amended by the provisions of this Act.
5 Amendment of section 39
Section 39 of the Principal Act is amended as follows:
(1) Inserting a new subsection (4):
(4) A person who is registered under subsection (1) may apply for the transfer of his or her name from the Roll of a District in which his or her name is entered under subsection (2) to the Roll of another District if the person is entitled under section 42 to have his or her name entered on the Roll of that other District.
(2) Inserting a new subsection (5):
(5) An application made under subsection (4) must be in Form 2 of Schedule 2.
(3) Inserting a new subsection (6):
(6) An application made under subsection (4) is exempted from the payment of any fee.
6 Amendment of section 24
Section 24 (4) is amended by deleting the figure '14' in the second line and substituting with the figure '7'
7 Amendment of section 25
Section 25 (2) is repealed.
8 Amendment of section 58
Section 58 is amended by deleting the figure '7' in the third line and substituting with the figure '8'.