Fiji Promulgations and Decrees
Download original PDF
GOVERNMENT OF FIJI
TRADE-MARKS (AMENDMENT) DECREE 2012
(DECREE No. 56 OF 2012)
IN exercise of the powers vested in me as the President of the Republic of Fiji and the Commander in Chief of the Republic of Fiji Military Forces by virtue of the Executive Authority of Fiji Decree 2009, I hereby make the following Decree -
TO AMEND THE TRADE-MARKS ACT (CAP. 240)
Short title and commencement
1. This Decree may be cited as the Trade-Marks (Amendment) Decree 2012 and shall come into force on the date of its publication in the Gazette.
2. The Trade-Marks Act (Cap. 240) shall be referred to as the "Act".
3. The Act and all subsidiary laws made under the Act are amended by deleting all references to "Administrator-General" and "Registrar", and substituting "Solicitor-General" wherever they appear.
Section 3 amended
4. Section 3 of the Act is amended by deleting "who is in this Act referred to as the Registrar".
New section inserted
5. The Act is amended by inserting the following new section after section 52 -
"Power to nominate
52A. The Solicitor-General may nominate a person to act on his or her behalf for the purpose of exercising his or her powers conferred by or duties prescribed under this Act."
GIVEN under my hand this 9th day of July 2012.
President of the Republic of Fiji