Fiji Promulgations and Decrees
Download original PDF
GOVERNMENT OF FIJI
CRIMINAL PROCEDURE (AMENDMENT) DECREE 2010
(DECREE No. 12 of 2010)
IN exercise of the powers vested in me as the President of the Republic of Fiji and the Commander in Chief of the Republic of the Fiji Military Forces by virtue of the Executive Authority Decree 2009, I hereby make the following Decree:
TO AMEND THE CRIMINAL PROCEDURE DECREE 2009
Short Title and Commencement
1. - (1) This Decree may be cited as the Criminal Procedure (Amendment) Decree 2010.
(2) This Decree is deemed to have come into force on the date of commencement of the Criminal Procedure Decree 2009.
Section 179(1) (b) Amended
2. Section 179 subsection (1) (b) of the Criminal Procedure Decree is amended by deleting paragraph (ii).
Section 205(1) (b)
3. Section 205 subsection (1) (b) of the Criminal Procedure Decree is amended by deleting "21" and "60" and substituting "18" and "70" respectively.
Section 231(2) Amended
4. Section 231 subsection (2) of the Criminal Procedure Decree is amended by deleting "(c) to make an unsworn statement; and".
GIVEN under my hand this 9th day of February 2010.
President of the Republic of Fiji