Fiji Sessional Legislation
HOTELS AID (BUDGET AMENDMENT) ACT 2006
ACT NO. 3 OF 2006
ARRANGEMENT OF SECTIONS
1. Short title and commencement
2. Section 2 amended
3. Section 12 amended
4. Section 13A inserted
5. Effect of provisional approval
J. I. ULUIVUDA
[22nd March 2006]
TO AMEND THE HOTELS AID ACT
[1st January 2006]
ENACTED by the Parliament of the Fiji Islands-
Short title and commencement.
1.-(1) This Act maybe cited as the Hotels Aid (Budget Amendment) Act 2006 and is deemed to have come into force on 1st January 2006.
(2) In this Act "principal Act" means the Hotels Aid Act (Cap. 215).
2. The principal Act is amended in Section 2 in the definition of "hotel" by deleting the following words after "consideration" -
", and includes a resort constructed with facilities and amenities for retirement purposes".
3. The principal Act is amended in Section 12 in the definition of "hotel" by inserting the following words after "resort purposes" -
"or a resort constructed with facilities, services and amenities for retirement village and private hospital both of which (the villa resort and the retirement village and private hospital resort) will provide accommodation for guests for hire or reward or the owner or occupier for a period of not more than 12 weeks;"
Section 13A inserted
4. The principal Act is amended by adding after Section 13, the following new section-
"Applicability of incentives under this Act
13A. For the purpose of this Act, a hotel owner or a company is entitled to either Part I investment allowance or Part II short life investment package, but not both, for the same project.".
Effect of provisional approval
5. Section 16 of the principal Act is amended by inserting the following new subsection-
"(3) For the purposes of this section, capital equipment, plant and machinery does not include kitchenware, raw materials, furniture and fittings and other goods and items to be prescribed by regulations made by the Minister under this subsection.".
Passed by House of Representatives on 21st February 2006.
Passed by Senate on 8th March 2006.