Fiji Sessional Legislation
Download original PDF
REPUBLIC OF FIJI
EMPLOYMENT RELATIONS (AMENDMENT) ACT 2017
ACT NO. 14 OF 2017
J. K. KONROTE President
[28 March 2017]
TO AMEND THE EMPLOYMENT RELATIONS ACT 2007
ENACTED by the Parliament of the Republic of Fiji—
Short title and commencement
1.—(1) This Act may be cited as the Employment Relations (Amendment) Act 2017.
(2) This Act comes into force on a date or dates appointed by the Minister by notice in the Gazette.
(3) In this Act, the Employment Relations Act 2007 is referred to as the “Principal Act”.
Section 204 amended
2. Section 204 of the Principal Act is amended by—
(a) in subsection (2), deleting “Minister” and substituting “Chief Justice”; and
(b) deleting subsection (3).
Section 205 amended
3. Section 205 of the Principal Act is amended by deleting “Minister” and substituting “Chief Justice”.
Section 207 amended
4. Section 207 of the Principal Act is amended by deleting “Minister” wherever it appears and substituting “Chief Justice”.
Section 208 substituted
5. The Principal Act is amended by deleting section 208 and substituting the following—
208.—(1) The Chief Tribunal is entitled to such remuneration and other allowances as determined by the Judicial Services Commission.
(2) The members of the Tribunal are entitled to such remuneration and other allowances as determined by the Chief Justice.”
Passed by the Parliament of the Republic of Fiji this 23rd day of March 2017.