Fiji Consolidated Legislation
Download original PDF
LAWS OF FIJI
COAT OF ARMS OF FIJI (RESTRICTION OF USE)
Acts Nos. 13 of 1972, 14 of 1975
AN ACT TO RESTRICT THE USE OF THE COAT OF ARMS OF FIJI
[10th November, 1972.]
1. This Act may be cited as the Coat of Arms of Fiji (Restriction of Use) Act.
Prohibition of use of Coat of Arms
2.—(1) No person shall, except with the written authority of the Minister, use for any purpose whatsoever the armorial ensign and supporters granted by Royal Warrant dated 4th July, 1908 which are the Coat of Arms of Fiji and no person shall use any design which in any way resembles such Coat of Arms in a manner likely to deceive. (Amended by 14 of 1975, s. 74).
(2) This section shall not affect the existing right of the proprietor of a trade mark containing the Coat of Arms of Fiji to continue so to do.
(3) The Minister may grant authority under subsection (1) subject to such conditions as he may deem fit.
(4) Any person who contravenes subsection (1) or who is in breach of any condition referred to in subsection (3) shall be guilty of an offence and liable on conviction to a fine not exceeding one thousand dollars.
Restriction on proceedings
3. No proceedings for an offence under this Act shall be instituted except with the consent of the Director of Public Prosecutions.
Controlled by Office of the Prime Minister